Hey, are you going to be a mom soon? Mama to be for the first time? We know that you are experiencing a mixture of excitement and fear at this time.
Don’t worry, here are a few pieces of advice for first-time moms.
- Speak to your doctor: If you’re taking any kind of medication, make sure you speak to your doctor about it as soon as you come to know that you are pregnant. Your doctor will let you know whether medicines you are taking are safe or not during pregnancy.
- Eat a variety of foods: Don’t forget that you are eating for two during pregnancy. So, focusing on a healthy and nutritious diet is very important. It is directly linked to good fetal brain development and healthy birth weight. Pregnant women should take care of her diet and her diet should include: proteins, vitamin C, calcium, fruits and vegetables, whole grains, iron-rich foods, adequate fat, folic acid.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water. Drinking water can help you prevent constipation, UTIs, fatigue, headaches, swelling, and other uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms.
- Moderate Exercising: Exercising 30 minutes per day is proven to help circulation, strengthen muscles, and decrease stress. However, it’s important to talk to your doctor before starting any exercise. If you were not physically active before getting pregnant, talk with your doctor about what exercise you can do during your pregnancy.
- Don’t take stress: As we all are aware of this, stress is not good for health and it’s more important to take care of yourself during pregnancy. Stress can cause a number of physical symptoms including sleep problems, digestive issues, headaches, muscle tension, and high blood pressure, So, try to avoid stress. You can meditate to relieve stress. 15 minutes of meditation is more than enough. Yoga can also help you to relax your body and mind.
- Take power naps: Don’t feel guilty if you love nap time especially during your pregnancy. This is going to make you feel energetic for sure.
- Sanitize yourself: Keep you and your baby away from sick people and try to relax a little. Keep a sanitizer handy and whenever you are near to something or someone you feel like unhealthy, use sanitizer. This small effort will keep you away from diseases.
- Wear comfortable clothes: It’s important to wear comfortable clothes when you’re pregnant. During pregnancy, your body will gain extra weight and comfy clothes will make you feel relaxed. So, shop accordingly.