The eyes of your baby are now making small side to side movements at this point. This means that they are now perceiving lights despite them being closed. This is how amazing the human body is! Not only are that, but the thumb sucking reflex that babies do developed at this point. Some babies are known to do this reflex at this point. Another thing that you should know is that the circulatory system of your baby is now starting to work. The heart of your baby is now pumping around 25 quarts of blood every single day.
Here are some things that you need to know about the development of your baby at week 16 of being in pregnancy.
- Bones are growing
- Muscles are growing
- The skeleton of your baby is now near to complete
- Your baby’s head is now erect
- Hair is now appearing on the eyebrows, chin, and upper lip area
- Eye motion is now starting
- Babies sometimes touch their eyelids at this point
- Baby might hear something this week
Note: your baby’s hearing is still developing at this point. However, they can hear, but not the way we can.
Common Symptoms You Will be Getting This Week
Your baby is growing, and so is your stomach bump, this means that you will be getting a bunch of symptoms, which are common, this week too. Here are some of the occasional symptoms that you might be getting during the second-trimester:
- Excess gas
- Bleeding gumbs
- Food craving
- Growing belly
- Movements in your stomach
Things To Do During This Week
There are a number of things that you want to do at this point. Here are some of the most important things that you want to do:
- Satisfy your food cravings
- Eat less unhealthy foods
- Stay away from hard to digest food
- Stay away from oily food
- Eat healthy meals and snacks in your daily meals
- Use extra pillows
- Avoid lying on your belly while sleeping
- Start to think about the name of your baby
- Go to the doctor for regular checkups
- Take vitamins for your baby
When To Call The Doctor?
Complications may come up at any point, so you want to stay active and alert all the time. Here are some symptoms that you want to look at closely:
- Chest tightness
- Pain in left arm along with shortness of breath
- Stomach cramps
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal discharge
These are just some of the many symptoms that you want to know and report to your doctor right away if you are feeling them. Also, talk to your doctor about the things that you need to know. They are the best people you can talk to when it comes to such things.