As already discussed, loving fathers, who provide reasonable, firm guidance, without arbitrarily imposing their will, help to promote competence in children. He should be sensitive and supportive, nurturing and affectionate, and comforting and accepting.
No doubt, there are so many benefits of having a dad actively involved in a child’s life. Father is a blessing to a child. Let us look into various reasons why kids need fathers:
- For overall development: Fathers play a very important role in the overall development of their children. Fathers play a very important role in the cognitive, social, and emotional development of their children. An involved father is one who is engaged, available, and responsible.
- For fun and entertainment: Dads play differently with children by doing more physical activities. They spend a larger proportion of their time playing with kids than mothers. The way dads play with their children enhances their overall physical strength which is as a result good for growing kids.
- For good behaviour: Fathers play very crucial role in imparting good behavioural skills in children. Dads often have more of discipline and it helps children to learn good behavioural skills and hence they become disciplined and well mannered.
- For their education: Dads tend to have a strong interest in their child’s education. Children statistically get better results at school when they see their dad regularly. Dads teach their children the importance of education and how to be successful.
- For security: Children with fathers around are usually feel more secured. Dads can help their children feel safe and secure. They can provide a safe home environment. Dads can both protect their children and show them how to protect themselves.
- For their future career: Children who grow up with fathers who stay involved in their lives end up with better jobs and careers than those who don’t. And are more likely to become economically self-sufficient.
In spite of all these reasons, it is evident that dads don’t always get the credit they deserve. But, when a father is involved in his children’s lives, it makes a big difference. Dads can do wonders for a child’s development.
A word from SuperActive Kids:
Dads are different from moms. There parenting style is different and that variety is more useful and beneficial to kids than most people give it credit for. The more time a father spends with his pals, the tougher those kids grow up to be.