Whether you are full-time employee, work only for few hours a week or have other outside commitments, taking time out for child care is an important decision. Intention is the safety of the child in addition to keeping the child in a caring, and stimulating environment, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow with every passing day. Chief characteristics required to take good care of child include:
- Understanding of children’s growth and development.
- Providing infants with a stimulating environment and innovative ways of learning.
- Knowledge of responding to a child’s emotional needs.
A setting that is ideal for good child care:
- Is clean, safe and having congenial environment.
- Has areas for indoor activity.
- Has a quiet space for rest or naps.
- Is smoke-free and free of other pollutants.
- Has a variety of safe toys that are regularly cleaned and are fully operational.
- Serves nutritious food good for child’s development.
Centre-based and home-based child care
Child care can be provided at home as well as in a centre created for this purpose.
Centre-based care must have all the amenities required by parents to take care of kids and must meet health and safety standards as set by the authorized agency.
Home-based care is simples as it is easy for parents to take care of loved ones at their own convenience. Some parents do adhere to standards set by authorized agencies for safe and secure care of their children. Often parents end up providing complete care to children at home and while providing care end having a deep emotional bonding that goes a long way in creating a robust child parent relationship.
The centre-based care needs to be licensed as there is a requirement to protect the child and have the right environment that has fire safety and adheres to safe equipment handling standards. The best ways to ensure your child will get quality care is to interact with other parents also who are there and learn new ways to take proper and safe care of your kids.
Some parents choose a combination of different types of care. For example:
- If you work part-time or have a flexible schedule, you might consider being at home or at centre.
- Share light moments with other parents as well.
Also, it is important to ensure following:
- Don’t take your child to several places in a single day to avoid exhaustion.
- Avoid stretching your schedule to ensure proper timely care is taken of your child.
- Try to avoid frequent changes to your child’s daily routine.
- No matter where you so ensure high quality care of your child.
- Pay close attention to your child to ensure child is comfortable and happy in all situations.
Paying close attention to child care is of prime importance to ensure there is good care being taken of the child and the child is in most comfortable and happy environment.